Contact Info

Contact Info

Decorate with a purpose

"Don't have anything in your home which you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."
This is a quote I love and it is so true! 
A lot of times we buy things because the color is right, or it works to fill a particular space, which is fine, but you don't want that to be the case with everything in your home.  I like to collect things on travels & find special places for them in my house... I have a beautiful starfish from a trip to Mexico and an abalone shell from another trip then I also have a few small shells & tiny driftwood pieces collected from various beach trips all in our bathroom.  The bathroom doesn't have a "beachy theme" at all, but I love the ocean and how the beach makes me feel- Refreshed, calm & carefree. These few pieces placed in different areas remind me of those trips & memories. 
A collage of pictures from group travels, an heirloom family bible, a great grandparent's old reading glasses- these things make perfect accessories mixed in with books & containers on a bookcase.  The same goes for artwork- a child's craft or coloring sheet is sometimes the perfect piece to have framed and hung on the wall or displayed on a shelf. 
Old cookbooks, collected decorative glass containers, and a personalized cutting board can be function as well as décor in a glass front cabinet in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment